INFORMATION ON THE EXERCISE OF THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
Right of withdrawal from the contract
When you buy as a Consumer (natural person involved in an activity with a trader not related to his or her business or professional activity), you have the right to withdraw from the sales contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The period to withdraw from the contract expires after 14 days from the date:
- on which you acquired the goods or on which a third party that you indicated, other than the carrier, acquired the goods, i.e. from the date on which you received delivery of the goods.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you need to notify DEEMEED Tomasz Jasiński, 58-260 Bielawa, ul. Nowobielawska 38/ 2, NIP (Tax Identification Number): PL-8821754891 REGON (Business Registry Number): 891447277, of your decision to withdraw from this contract by way of a clear statement.
You may use the withdrawal form template, but it is not obligatory.
A sample form is available for download here.
In order to comply with the time limit prescribed for withdrawal, you should send information concerning the exercise of your right of withdrawal within 14 days from the date on which you acquired the goods.
Effects of withdrawal from the contract
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall return to you any payment that we received from you, including the cost of delivery of the goods (except for any additional costs due to the delivery method you selected other than the cheapest standard delivery method that we offer) immediately, and always no more than 14 days after we received the product being returned.
We shall return the payment using the same payment methods as those that you used in the original transaction unless you have explicitly consented to another solution.
We may withhold payment until we receive the item.
Please return the purchased goods to the following address:
DEEMEED Tomasz Jasiński, 58-260 Bielawa, ul. Nowobielawska 38/2, NIP (Tax Identification Number): PL-8821754891 REGON (Business Registry Number): 891447277.
This period is deemed to be observed if you send the item back within 14 days.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the item.
You are liable only for the reduction of the value of the item that results from using it in a manner other than necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the item.
IMPORTANT!!! You CANNOT exercise the right of withdrawal in the following cases:
- goods or services having features requested by the consumer in his or her order or closely related to his or her person (custom orders);
- goods or services relating to an item subject to rapid deterioration or with a short shelf life;
- goods or services relating to an item delivered in a sealed package that, once the packaging is opened, cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons, if the packaging has been opened after delivery;
- goods or services relating to items that, upon delivery, due to their nature, become inseparably interconnected with other items;
- goods or services that are clearly tailored to the individual needs of the consumer.
INFORMATION ON THE EXERCISE OF THE RIGHT OF WARRANTY
Right to warranty.
If you make purchases in the Store as a Consumer (i.e. a natural person involved in an activity with a trader not related to his or her business or profession), you have a right to a warranty, which means that as a seller, I am responsible for the non-conformity of the goods with the contract.
The warranty right is EXCLUDED for Entrepreneurs.
The warranty may be claimed if the product sold:
has a physical defect which constitutes a non-conformity with the contract. In particular, this involves cases where the item:
- has no properties that a product of this kind should have
- has no properties of which the consumer has been assured by the seller or an advertisement
- is not suitable for the purpose of which the buyer informed the seller upon the conclusion of the contract if the trader has not objected to such an intended purpose
- has been supplied to the buyer incomplete
has a legal defect which may consist in the goods bought by the consumer:
- being owned by a third party;
- being encumbered with a right of a third party;
- has restrictions on use or disposal thereof as a result of a decision or ruling by a competent authority;
The time limit for exercising the right to warranty expires 24 months after the date:
on which you acquired the goods or on which a third party that you indicated, other than the carrier, acquired the goods, i.e. from the date on which you received delivery of the goods.
Wherein for a period of one year of the seller's liability it is presumed that the defect found, or a cause thereof have already existed at the time of the sale.
If a defect is found at a later date, i.e. between 12 and 24 months after delivery, the consumer shall need to prove that the defect existed at the time of purchase.
Should the Store deliberately withhold a defect in the product sold, you can claim a warranty even after the period as above ends.
If a defect is found, we will first replace or repair the goods, and where this is not possible, you may request the price to be reduced, specifying the amount of the reduction requested or withdraw from the contract - provided that as the defect is material
In order to exercise the right to warranty, it is necessary to provide information in any form, including a detailed description of the defect:
- by letter: DEEMEED Tomasz Jasiński, 58-260 Bielawa, ul. Nowobielawska 38/2, NIP (Tax Identification Number): PL-8821754891 REGON (Business Registry Number): 891447277,
- by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com.
You may use the complaint form template, but it is not required for the complaint to be considered.
As a seller, I’m obliged to respond to your request within 14 days. If I fail to respond within this time, the complaint shall be considered legitimate.
The response to the complaint is sent to the e-mail address you indicated.
For refunds and price differences, the Store issues a written statement of the refund.
Consumers may resolve disputes concerning complaints by way of MEDIATION, which is free of charge for consumers. You can find more information at the UOKiK government website http://www.prawakonsumenta.uokik.gov.pl/pomoc/